Haystone villa 1765

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Haystone villa 1765

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 pm

I bought a house in plymouth it was built circa 1765,it's in a near derelict condition although it has a sound roof and is weather tight
I have plans to make it into flats but I just don't have time to get started on it at the moment
Anyway the first night I stayed there I arrived about ten at night,I had brought a bed frame with me and a mattress but I had to cut some plywood for the base to support the mattress
I had just bought a brand new reciprocating saw
I started cutting after about three seconds it gave out a mighty puff and blew out some sparks and it was dead
So I got out my jig saw after a few seconds the fuse blew,hmmm I'm upset someone methinks!
I ended up with a hand saw
A bit later on I'm dozing away in bed,I'm set up in one of the top floor bedrooms,it's a huge four story house
Anyway I'm just entering the land of nod when I hear someone clumping up the stairs
I listen for what seems an eternity and it finally gets up to my door
But I'm so tired ,it was a five hour drive down to plymouth
I just tell it not to bother me as I'm just tidying the place up and they will have some new tenants
Then I drift of to sleep,a bit laid back I know but I didn't feel any nastiness here
A couple of nights later I'm on the phone to the missus,I'm in my bedroom with the door shut when the kids run laughing past the bedroom door
I'm thinking oh don't tell the wife (she's an unbeliever)
My sister came down for a nose at the place and reckons there's a load of people in the basement flat
I had a chat with them and explained I'm not here to upset them and I won't bother them if they don't bother me
So far so good I haven't heard anything else and the house itself seems to have a clean happy atmosphere
Maybe a suggestion for an investigation
So since then we've all got on
Roger

Re: Haystone villa 1765

Postby martin1985 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Very interesting, at least they are not trying to scare anyone away.
martin1985

Postby Roger » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Well they did try at first with the clumping up the stairs,I think that was letting me know who's house it is
Quite often I've waved or said hello when I've seen some one
It doesn't always work
the things in my brother in laws old flat threw a cast iron typewriter through the loft hatch at my dad
When he was moving out
The loft hatch was in place at the time!!!
Roger

Postby martin1985 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Sounds like classic poltergeist activity at your brother in laws old flat!
martin1985

Postby Roger » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Absolutely spot on
Pieces of jewellery and knives and forks would fall from the ceiling
And dolls heads would appear around the flat
There was one item it was a wooden figure of a napoleonic soldier about two foot high ,it was found standing on its head one morning
The thing is no matter how much we tried we could not get it to balance on its head
My sister still has it
There were three ghosts one man and two women
They would sit in the loft in the main roof
There was another smaller loft in the back addition of the house and if you stuck your head up there you could just make them out sitting in a row
In one of the poltergeist films there was a scene showing items raing down through the ceiling
It was sometimes just like that
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 am

You know, a classic poltergeist only lasts a short while, months at the most, it is very active then it fizzles out and usually doesn't come back.

This sounds more like spirit activity as in a haunting to me, sometimes you get "polt" phenomena with that, throwing or moving objects, sounds, knocks, bangs... etc. Usually out of mischief or trying to get your attention. If it's a haunting with a resident spook or spirit, it will go on for a long duration, over many years, off and on sometimes but it will come back.

Another great story, and I'm thinking you are pretty aware of this sort of stuff. I'd imagine phenomena like this will happen to you in various places if you are open to it, not just in one house.

Did the tenants (before or after) get any phenomena, see or hear anything?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 pm

We don't know if anything carried on after cliff moved out
The lady that owned the downstairs flat bought cliffs flat and turned it back into one house
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Would be interesting to know if anything carried on after that... Wonder if she's still living there?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 pm

I wonder if anything will kick off again when you get stuck into your building work? :shock:
Chatelaine

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:28 am

I expect some sort of statement from them but nothing bad
The house feels good
Although something else I just found out from a neighbour is about previous tenants
And a murder
I don't know if the murder was in the house or in the park behind the house
But they got caught and locked up
Just prior to me purchasing the house it was a cannabis factory .
There's some land to the side of the house that used to belong to the railway
When we got possession of the house ,one of the first things we did was clear the years of brambles and weeds that had been left run riot
We had to move a lot of earth to flatten out the garden and create an access road
And underneath a huge mound of earth we found a brick up train tunnel
(That bugger Brunel left his bricks everywhere)
Il see if I can load some pics
Roger

Next

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences