Recent Experiences,

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Recent Experiences,

Postby kayteebex » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:36 pm

I am new here, so I thought I may as well post some of my more recent experiences - I can't tell anyone off forums because they never believe me, or just laugh, and I feel like a fool! It's always nice to come across a genuine community and to feel like I can share anything paranormal with you!

Anyways, onto the stories! :-D

1.) I have always believed in the paranormal since my grandmother died - it was like, 4 in the morning and all I could hear in my room, was rustling of bags and quite heavy footsteps. I am a light sleeper as it is, so I woke up and just stared at my door. I saw almost like a white mist - thick, I couldn't see through it. Wide set and short - like my grandmother was. I knew she was extremely ill at the time. The mist just seemed to walk through my wall into next doors, and I never saw it again. The next morning, I found out that my grandmother had passed away that night at half past 3. And the whole of the upstairs smelt like her house did.

2.) Normally, when I am in the house of my own - it's pretty quite. It's literally off a road, so there's the odd lorry going past (I live in the middle of two so sometimes it's pretty damn noisy). But during the day, it's not too bad. I always, even till this day. Hear footsteps upstairs, clearly and over traffic going past. And when I go upstairs, there's no one there. I used to think that maybe it was my mother coming back, or someone on their horse going past. I'd had my lighter thrown against a wall. I've walked in and it's just landed on the floor. Seen a black shadow walk past in the bright daylight. It's a house that doesn't reflect in that way, or anything like that so you can easily tell when there's something or someone walking past. I've also had my bedroom door unlatch and open on it's own. The back door open and then slam shut like someone's just come home from work. And also, the utility light would turn on by itself. I would be outside smoking, it's around 2 in the morning and I normally face the house as I don't like where I live, it always feels weird, and I can quickly get back inside if I get too creeped out. And it would turn on by it's self. If my mother did it, I would know as i'd see her go into the room. But there's never anything there.

3.) Quite a few times now, I have seen a dog running around. There have been people walking their dogs at the same time, and i've asked if they've seen a black Labrador shape dog go past. No one has. I don't understand what that means, but if I can see this and no one else can - I am convinced it's something. It's been in broad day light as well, and I don't understand it. I have also heard growling in my room at night.

4.) I've been hearing a lot of footsteps around the house lately. Up in the attic, and in my own room. they're heavy, something with weight or heavy footwear is walking around. It's getting quite strange as sometimes, it's when i'm in on my own. I've been hearing voices as well, sometimes they aren't too bad but sometimes there's swearing and what not. It's not great when you're trying to sleep.

5.) I was doing some work on my mothers car, as it needed a service. It's an incredibly old farm, and most of it is older than the houses in the actual village. I looked around at the doorway that leads to a tennis court and there what I could swear, was someone walk out of the doorway and through the garage. I had to second glance as I thought that someone else was there. But there wasn't.

When the house was having an extension, I actually got two images. to me, one looks like the curtain is pulled up and someone's looking out, and on the other that was taken literally a minute after, has nothing on it. Here's the images;

with curtain;

without curtain raised; Image
kayteebex

Re: Recent Experiences,

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Kate,
Great first post! Tons of interesting experiences, which are real to me as I have experienced similar events, as have others on this forum. There are sceptics here too, but that's Ok, we welcome anyone who has anything interesting to say about such things, and it's always good to look at the normal explanations first and can't expect anyone to believe til they have it happen to them.

But, when things like this are going on in a place it's pretty obvious you've checked the "normal" explanations and something very unusual is going on.... Sounds like either you are very sensitive to these things or the house has an "occupant" other than you and your mum, or both!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, your mum heard the footsteps etc?

I think if I were living there I'd try to communicate and see who it is, if they have a message of some sort why they hang around etc. Try some audio recording too, ask some Qs etc.

Also do you know any of the history of the house or who lived there before events that happened etc,? Or, could it still be your own relations?

On the photos - I'm afraid I can't see the curtain on the first one, is the curtain in the 2nd one, at the bottom of the pic? Not sure what I should be looking for there....
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby kayteebex » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 pm

I always check the obvious. It's the best way to reassure myself im not going crazy :lol: .

I must try that, and i'll do it when I am on my own in the house so im not getting someone saying anything downstairs. As most of the activity is when I am around and/or in my own room.

I believe it could be my grandma, but I have seen many other things. I refuse to watch anything paranormal based as i believe it could put ideas in my mind before I go to sleep and I start seeing things. But I have seen a young girl stood in my door way at about 3 in the morning, and my brother has seen her stood in his room. Like a 6 year old with almost ginger hair. Could see her plain as day. I always see and dark mist in my room. I have a relative picture but I have lost the image some how. It is that dense, it blocked the moonlight out when stood in front of my window. And a couple more. One happens every night ever since I was about 3 - it runs upstairs and then disappear out of my parents bedroom window.

I don't know anything about who lived in the house before, I would have to look into that as it's something I am wanting to find out. Would be nice to know the history of the house and the village.

It's the top windows of the house. It looks like it's pulled up on the first one, and on the second it looks like it's down to me. I don't know if you did, but on the image as it is on the post it doesn't show the whole thing.

I believe, and so does my mother that I am sensitive to it, ever since I was a child I would react to things that weren't there, and laugh over my mothers shoulder at something in the corner of the room (i don't remember, I was like, 1 at the time).

Thank you for your reply :)
kayteebex

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Oooh yeah, that's weird, I can see the curtain raised now :o ew!
Chatelaine

Postby Tasha O » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi kayteebex,

I too can see the curtain pulled up, would be interesting to find out more about the property, who lived there previously, and in long past times, you say parts of the building are older even than the village, sounds very interesting, very spooky.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby kayteebex » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Yes, I must admit I only looked through the pictures from the build the other day and noticed it.

My house and others that're very similar, were built in 1700's or 1800's. Cannot quite remember it. And the farm was there before that because the houses were built to house the farmers - I know that. It's a typical old style cottage inside with original latched doors :).

I am going to try and find out more about the house, and the actual village.

But there is a apparent story though,

"The ghost of Molly Briars, a milkmaid who was killed at Beelsby, still haunts a hill near the village. It is said she leads a white cow. This is the unusually large stone she sat on. If anyone moves the stone, disaster will follow e.g. all the cows nearby will die!". I must admit, I have seen a girl actually sat on the stone in broad day light, but that could have been anyone! :o

I just always have a negative feeling in the house. Like there's someone following me around I feel like i'm always being watched. It just never feels right, and some days I just won't go in the house. I feel constantly down.
kayteebex

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:40 am

Dammit, was sure I'd posted this but mustn't have hit submit properly :roll: Here goes take two (tip: when you spend a while typing a post, copy to clipboard first b4 hitting submit lol)

Yes, I see it too now! If no one changed anything in that window before the 2nd shot that impressive, it does indeed look just like the curtain was lifted or a blind was pulled up.

Your sighting of your grandma reminds me of an apparition I saw, it too was a sort of a whitish mass, with a bit of a glow to it, very clear to me although it was dark.

It will be really interesting to hear if you can turn up anything about the history of the house or area it is in. You may find something in the local library archives, or you'll could ask around to older relatives or neighbours too, ask them who lived there or if there were any events that took place.

If it's creating negativity, I'd definitely try to communicate, tell it to move on or try to persuade it to. It could need help to do so, or it may not even realise it's passed over, in my experience they sometimes don't and are sort of semi-aware and in a sort of stupor or semi consciousness state, sometimes stuck in a trauma. If you can communicate and get through, you may be able to bring it it present time ( mentally) with some persuasion and get it to realise it's 2015 and it doesn't need to hang around any more bothering you or the house.

Good books on this: Linda Williamson, Ghosts And Earthbound Spirits; and Echo Bodine, Relax, It's Only A Ghost - both on Amazon for a very small price.

They are both brilliant, tell you how to deal with such things in a practical way, and what to look for if you suspect your house is haunted

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Relax-Its-Only- ... cho+bodine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghosts-Earthbou ... williamson

Both advocate communication, treating them as people, but Echo has a no nonsense approach to trouble makers
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:53 am

Very interesting stories, Kate, well done! Sounds like you have a couple of different entities-one poltergeistal, the other(footsteps, voices, etc sounds like an intelligent spirit) It would be a good idea to try and contact them, see if you can find out why they are there, etc.

I had a hard time seeing the curtain. I presume you mean the window just visible behind the peaked roof(I guess that is the attic?)
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 am

Spirit Bear, it's the windows at the top, - bedroom Windows I think.

Actually, looking at the two pics again, I reckon these are two different Windows! The one in the first pic with curtain half raised is positioned to the left of the drain pipe, further over to the left than the one in the 2nd pic, and it also has a half window in it. The 2nd pic window isn't visible in the first pic, is to the right of the drain pipe and has no extra half window. The camera is taking in a slightly different part of the building in each pic. So could it be one had the curtain up, and the other one down?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 am

Very interesting activity you have been having, I have looked at both pics and have zoomed in and can not see any curtains raised :?
martin1985

Next

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences