Mysterious Disappearing Socks

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Mysterious Disappearing Socks

Postby Tasha O » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:26 pm

This experience is written out of context, I have tried to write my stories in order of occurrence, but this story I just have to write now.

A few weeks or so ago, my husband lost one of his socks he had taken off and left at the side of the bed the night before, in the morning it was no where to be seen, we both hunted around for it, but could not find it, two or three days later it mysteriously turned up at the side of the bed again, we sort of dismissed the episode, thinking the sock had probably got hidden under other clothing or something, but then on Thursday last week another sock went missing, I had a thorough search at my husbands side of the bed, even changed the bed and hoovered, but the sock was yet again no where to be found, my husband wondered if our dog had something to do with it, I didn’t think so, the last sock had turned up, but then something suddenly struck me.

Our previous dog Tasha, had a tendency to pinch our socks, she just loved to sit and suck them, she never did any harm, she used to sit behind us and my jumper would be pulled out, Tasha was sucking it, we bought her a sucky blanket and she loved it, but she still had a tendency to take a sock or two, she was always a very frightened little girl, her previous owner said she had been taken away from her mum too soon, but it had been done to save her from an unthinkable fate.

I would like to believe it was Tasha, she had been here at our new house before she died and would know where we were, and I believe she was here one time the following summer after her death, but upon saying that there are also other presences in this property, which I will leave for a later story.

On Monday this week my husbands latest missing sock mysteriously turned up back at the side of the bed, Tasha was always my husbands little girl, so I would like to think it is Tasha taking the socks, poor little girl.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Re: Mysterious Disappearing Socks

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 am

Awww that is such a nice story, ... I hope it is Tasha who is responsible for this phenomena. I myself have had experiences regarding a dog that I lost, was put to sleep, so I can relate to such things. It is interesting how it totally disappeared then turned up again,... ruling out your forgetting that you had moved it, or one of you playing a prank on the other, I don't know what else. The phenomena is described as rapport :- objects appearing or disappearing, or getting transported by paranormal means.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerry1975 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:16 am

Hi Tasha,

Nice story, our dog likes to steal the odd sock now and again too so I can relate to this, she loves to run about with it in her mouth then except one of us to throw it so she can chase after it, silly dog lol.

I myself have never had a pet come back but its nice to think that your dog is paying you a visit.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Tasha O » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi Jerry, GhostInTheMachine,

Tasha too sadly had to be put to sleep, it can be very heart breaking as you will know.

When we stayed up north and a sock went missing we found Tasha sucking it or lying on it, I have ruled out my husband playing a prank as he was a bit angry the second time and blamed Patch, who has never touched anything he should not be at, it was then when I thought of Tasha, we both searched the room the second time thoroughly, I would like to think it was little girl, I have not actually saw her here, the presence I detected I assumed was Tasha, (I will explain in a later story) I saw Tasha many times up north and hoped she would come here, after all she had lived here with us when it was just a holiday property, I hope it is her just letting us know in her own little way that she is here with us.

We will keep an eye on our socks from now on, although I have not had mine pinched yet, it will be interesting to see if it happens again some other time, deepening the mystery of the disappearing socks. :-D

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm not sure if you ever listen to our Ghostpod podcasts,but if you do, I tell a personal story there about a dog I had and lost when I was 11 years old called Lindy, it's on Ghostpod show #9
It's the 3rd story in. I think you would like it. :)

http://www.ghostpod.co.uk/preview.html
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm

thank you GhostInTheMachine,

I am slowly working my way through ghost pod, but I will go on and listen to 9 next.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Awwww that is so sweet <3 poor little Tasha, she's letting you know she's still around x.

Did you ever listen to Ghostpod #9?
Chatelaine

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences