Hearing Voices Haunting

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Hearing Voices Haunting

Postby jerseyguy77 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:10 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian, I'm 38 years old, and I just want to tell you about my experience in the past year, to just shed some light on a particular type of haunting where it's not a haunted location but a person who becomes haunted.

Just a bit of background, I've been interested in the paranormal on and off for years. Last winter I actually went active with my interest for the first time and started experimenting with EVP. I had heard the capturing EVPs was something that you had to be patient with and put a little effort into, say I didn't give up on it after catching nothing for the first few weeks. Then about two weeks after I started, one after noon I caught a number of fairly good EVPs on one recording, I tried a few more times that day but captured nothing.

But then, in the days that followed, I started to capture more EVPs on my recordings, somewhere clear but the majority were really faint. So by this point, my curiosity about this whole thing was peaked so I kept at it. It seemed that every recording I did, now I could hear these faint voices. As time went by, I began to hear them better, it was as if the faint voices started to come into focus.

It reached a point where I could actually interact with these spirit voices on my recordings, I would ask them questions, go back and listen to the recordings and they would give me answers. I also began to get names and what I thought at the time was some personal information about them, such as when they lived, where they were from. Most of them claimed to be from the area where I lived, and I even recognized some of the names as people that I had known about, or I knew of their family from the area.

I admit that at this point I was starting to become a bit obsessed with all of this, and that was a huge mistake right there, but I just couldn't believe how easy these EVPs seemed to be coming, and I wasn't afraid by all of this at all, because all of the spirit voices I was hearing at this point all seemed more or less benevolent and harmless

But then, after about a month of this, I started to hear malicious, malevolent, voices in my recordings, usually threats, insults, profanity, etc.... I tried to just ignore it at first, but as time went by, these malicious voices started to creep into my EVP sessions more and more until it got to the point where they dominated the show it seemed.

Then things took a real turn for the worst. One day while I was at work near a running fan, very loud and clear I started hearing these same threatening and malevolent voices coming through the noise of the fan. Needless to say I was freaked out by this. I immediately stopped doing EVP, but unfortunately, it was already too late, I had activated some clairaudience perception. As the days went by I had more and more incidents of these malevolent voices coming through various background noises. That in itself wasn't strange to me, because while I was doing my EVP sessions, I would often use a background noise such as white noise.....you lose most of the fainter replies, but the steady noise gives the spirits as source of sound waves to manipulate into a louder response

Things proceeded to get even worse. One night as I was lying in bed trying to sleep, I literally felt what I can only describe as a finger coming up out of the mattress and poking me in the lower back. It was constant and this would happen night after night. So getting enough sleep started to become a real problem. The voices also started to intensify as well and I began hearing them more frequently.

Then literally over the course of a single morning...the situation just exploded to an extreme level. I was hearing voices very where. Everything that seemed to make a steady sound had malevolent voices now. I was also hearing them in other ways now to, like whispery voices, voices right up in my ear. When I was outside there would be this horrible effect of the voices coming in through the wind rushing through trees....it literally sounded like an entire sports stadium of voices all harassing me.

They are all saying insults and really breaking me down, calling out all my faults and sins, everything and really exaggerating them to an extreme level. Though would also play mind games, like say one thing and then say the complete opposite later on. The physical sensations intensified as well, I was feeling these weird vibration sensations and sometimes slight stings and bites

They would hit the worst at night, sometimes a voice would get right up to my ear and make this annoying humming noise for hours. It seemed liked there were voices insulting me from every room in my house. So sleep became a real problem, I was averaging only about 4 hours of sleep a night for like 2 weeks, I could barely eat anything to. It wasn't until I got on a prescription of Ambien that I started to get some real sleep again. I would learn later that attacking a person’s sleep and stomach is the first tactic that these malevolent earthbound spirits use when they oppress/attach someone.

Things were terrible like this for months, I could muster enough strength to get through the day, but it was tough. I eventually went online to investigate this a little and found an account by a woman that seemed to have gone through the same experience. I reached out to her and she helped me out allot. She emailed me literally every night for weeks to give me support.

Then later on, I met up with someone on a forum who also had gone through this experience. He had a background in paranormal research to he had allot of insight into what was happening to me. The was kind enough to send me these long emails where he wrote out every stage and trick that these negative earthbound spirits typically use when they oppress their victims. He wrote it all out for me point by point....he even told me stuff that would happen, that hadn't happened to me yet....but eventually did. He was spot on 100% with all of it. I was very very lucky to have found him or I would have stayed in a state of fear and anxiety for much longer.

Through his insight he explained to me that the power of these negative spirits comes from their ability to create illusions and to get us to believe them.

If we hear that we are being attack by Satan himself and we fall for it and believe it....we're in a bad place. That's their strength....to BS us basically...and the more fear we are putting off, the stronger they become and then have more ability to interact with us through things such as causing physical sensations or some poltergeist activity in our homes (which I had a little of to)
Behind the scary mask that they wear, these malevolent spirits are much much weaker than they let on....and as time goes on and you start to adapt and become desensitized to their attacks and tricks....they start to slip up and let their true personalities come through and you realize that they were putting on a scary show all along

It was a long and tough process, but I eventually began to get a handle on my emotions and the situation started to improve. I still hear these malevolent spirits today, but it's much much fainter....like faint chatter in the background, but all of my fear is gone, that was key...nothing else helped until I stopped being afraid.

I also heard from what I truly believe were good spirits later on, there was just a difference about them, they were not intrusive at all, they would give me uplifting messages and then move along, sometimes I wouldn't hear from them again for weeks...but they were different. The malevolent sort were/are completely intrusive...they would yap at you non-stop and never leave. (They still haven't)

In the year since this happened to me, I've actually found quite a few accounts of this voice-based haunting, it's usually brought on by some form of spirit communication, not at all limited to just doing EVP.

In some of these accounts, the people seemed to make contact with spirits in a relatively quick amount of time. It took me 2 weeks. One woman I correspond with captured clear EVPs on her very first recording attempt. So I think that this definitely has something to do with certain people being more sensitive or open to the other side. If one finds that they capture EVPs almost too easy, that's not necessarily a good thing, even if they are seemingly benevolent at first, you're probably at a greater risk of running into a bad situation like this.

The danger lies in that often, these perceptions that some people seem to have are for the most part dormant until something brings them to the surface...and for me, when it happened, I was already in deep trouble.

I can post some links to similar accounts and I still have my first EVP captures on recording, but I wasn't sure how that would go over, sometimes on forums, people don't like when I post allot of links.

Anyway, so yeah....when we often hear about the dangers of opening doors or bringing something back with us when we attempt to contact the spirit world...this is at least one way of how these dangers can unfold in a person’s life
Last edited by jerseyguy77 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jerseyguy77

Re: Hearing Voices Haunting

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:46 am

That's a really fascinating and detailed account of your experiences Brian, thanks so.much for writing it all down

What a learning trip that was for you! Really very good that you managed to get in touch with others who could help you in the way you did.

I agree, from my own experiences with anything malevolent or just degraded or unfriendly, I find it best to just be able to face comfortably without fear... confront without conflict, is the way to be at Cause rather than Effect. I think it is one's own state of mind and ability to do this that gives protection.
Some people need talismans, rituals or other objects and totems to get themselves into that Causative state, and IMHO if these do that for a person, then great, they should use them!. In my view it is the mindset and ability to face without fear that is the protection, not the crystals, crosses or twigs of Rowan which may help to bring that mindset about if the person believes in them. But that's my opinion.

I do accept negative entities and beings like this exist, and I agree the vast majority are quite weak but can be very able tricksters. I think the cases of very, very powerful entities with great physical ability that can cause huge harm and injury or death to people as depicted in the Paranormal Activity films are very rare indeed. Most get their power by manipulating the thoughts and emotions of the living and fooling them into thinking these are their own thoughts, or that they are more powerful than they are. They are low grade beings much like live people who are very low toned and degraded, feeding off the goodness of others and bringing them down..... same thing.

In investigating, I think one is bound to encounter stuff like this eventually. Hopefully not to the degree you did!

I would say you may have a great potential for positive mediums that you could develop.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerseyguy77 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Thank you,

Yes, I did indeed experience a little of the things that you see in movies alot, banging on walls, objects moving on occassion, but I think that that was all just to inspire more fear...their main attack was against my mind...trying to drag me down, but I am thankful to say, that now, since I have gotten a handle on my emotions...I haven't had any of the banging on walls, poltergeist type activity in a long, long time. I can still hear these harassing ones faintly....and it's still annoying sometimes, but I'm so glad that that's all they are to me now. In the beginning they were terrifying, and now they are just a nuisance to me now from time to time....but it was a difficult process to get to this point, but I'm glad I made it. I can easily see how in some cases, these tricksters can really entrench their lies and deceptions into a persons thoughts and really cause alot of harm.

Thanks Again
jerseyguy77

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:35 pm

No problem jerseyguy, your experience was great contribution to the forum, so thank you!

Many of us are off on an investigation for a few days to a place with no internet acces now so the forum will possibly be a bit quieter, but we'll be back on the weekend and will see any more posts then.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerseyguy77 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:35 am

another account of voices oppression, this one also EVP related:

[link to kajama.com]

here's an account from a friend of mine I met who also got hit with this from EVP:

[link to http://www.goodnightjournal.com (secure)]

here's a place where I posted my story back in 2015, if you scroll down to the bottom, someone else posted there story and it's very similar, also brought about by EVP, again, note the mention of hearing the voices through sources of background noise:

[link to http://www.talkparanormal.com]

here's a pretty good discussion that got going on the reviews for a Spirit Box on Amazon, there's some interesting discussion about this type of danger here:

[link to http://www.amazon.com (secure)]
Last edited by jerseyguy77 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jerseyguy77

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Just catching up on old posts and found this one, what a harrowing story! Don't know how I missed this one! It's very interesting, albeit frightening this account and I am glad to see that Jerseyguy seems to be coming out from the worst of this personal haunting.

I had a spate of hearing my voice being called and a whole other pile of phenomena taking place, which I am very glad is over now. It is all about getting on top of it, getting strong and dispelling the fear which is what they feed on. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us.
Chatelaine

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences