What tools do you need?

Advice, comments and discussion about investigating haunted locations, equiptment to use and how to do it. Tell us about your own investigations here too, we'd love to hear them!

Re: What tools do you need?

Postby kaos7 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:54 pm

I think this is a brilliant thread and certainly helpful to see what people are using now!
Currently I have a large aluminium flight case packed with an environment meter ( it a little old now but a brilliant bit of kit) 2 laser thermometers, a cornet ED25 electrosmog EMF meter which is brilliant because it has 2 modes and it has a K II style readout as well as a graph readout display, A mel meter and a Sony Dictaphone.
In my other case I have a digital SLR camera and 2 film SLRs as well as a camcorder. I also carry a head lamp, Mag light torches and some emergency glow sticks as well as note pads and pens.
kaos7

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Sound like a good load of kit there Kaos! .... just ready to be put to use again! ;)

Interested in that first meter, can you post a pic? ( better using photo bucket or something similar in here )
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby WISPR » Wed May 25, 2016 3:40 am

Here are a few bits of kit that I use :-)

High Tech:

Spectran NF-1010E this enables me to look in real time via a laptop up link into the infrasound area of the spectrum down to 10Hz

Alpha Lab Tri-field Natural EM meter -to monitor changing fields in the natural environment
Mel Meter - to look for man made fields from house hold appliances etc

Flir Infracam Thermal Imager - to carry out quick surveys and look for cold / hot spots
EL-USB-2 Data Loggers - these are used to carry out a constant temp/humidity survey of a location

Sony SR-42A 60GB Camcorders with Nightshot & Sony HVL-HIRL
Bushnell Natureview Trail Cams
1Tb 6-camera DVR System

Fujifilm HS-20exr Bridge Camera
Fujifilm W1 3-D Camera

Zoom H2n Audio Recorders
Zoom H4n Audio Recorders - EVP work
Olympus DM450 Voice Recorders

A lot of kit and obviously it doesn't all get used at once... :-D

I have one trigger object that I use which I haven't yet seen anywhere else but in the name of sharing I shall tell you :-)
it is very low tech and involves setting up 4-6 rattle magnets under a clear plastic dome in a locked off area with two video cameras.....the idea is that using the theory of spirits manipulating EM Fields, any interaction with the magnets will cause them to wobble or clash together.....not had any interaction yet but keeping my hopes up :-D

I also use a series of 3 navigation button compasses in much the same way.

I hope this is useful for you
WISPR

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 am

Fantastic kit you have put together there WISPR! Expensive, but I agree with it to get tech that will give best recordings if u want to get the best chance of results!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby WISPR » Wed May 25, 2016 6:55 pm

It took a few years to put together...and it all gets upgraded / calibrated within industrial parameters when required...
Wasn't that expensive... the TI was a freebie..but that's another story :-D
WISPR

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 pm

The thermal image camera was what I was thinking of when I said expensive. Free? - you are very lucky!! :smile:
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby WISPR » Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am

Its a long story...maybe tell you over a drink sometime lol :-D
WISPR

Previous

Return to All about ghost investigating