THE SHIP INN, RAGLAN 4TH MAY 2014

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

THE SHIP INN, RAGLAN 4TH MAY 2014

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon May 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Just want to kick off this thread. Sprit Bear Tom's birthday, Sarah's the day before so we started off with a birthday dinner/party before hand, loads of fun and great food, followed by a vigil with 8 of us present that was fairly short as the pub was open early again next day, but was plenty of time for us to get a good foot int here and really brilliant and intriguing occurrances we haven't been able to explain.

Some very, very interesting stuf happened. Will have to go through the footage before making more of a report from me, but here's just to open this thread for starters.

Hoping everyone comes on here soon to put in their thoughts as they will be fresh in our minds....

More to come from me re: my own take on the night, but a summary about the Inn & what was happening before we visited is this:

We heard about this being a great venue to do as it is in our own area and had heard stories from many locals about various experiences that have been had in this pub over the years. An investigation was done there some years ago but nothing recent, and as new landlords had gone there in the last 2 years, we didn't know if it was active or not.

Chatelaine and I went there and found there definitely had been activity with the new landlords, immediately they moved in - in this case a family took over running the pub about August 2012. They reported to us the various phenomena they had there which seemed to spring off with a great deal of activity at first as they moved in, and then lessen off.

The first and most dramatic activity was in the bar lounge, to the left of the pub entrance. They got up one morning to find the chairs and furniture all moved around and the chairs piled on top of the tables. The pub had been well locked up and the family had remained upstairs (no small children in this family and none of them had come down). This room is covered by 24 hour CCTV so the pub landord Stewart immediately went to check the recordings in detail, alarmed at what had occurred. He found the footage to be normal until at one point it just went totally black for a while, then returned to normal after which the furniture is moved.

2ndly they reported the doors opening for them on their own as they carried food and other items through the pub, the landlord thought this was a great help and could find no explanation for it.

3rdly a man in the bar picked up his drink and several witnesses all saw the coaster that had been beneath it fly off fast along the bar and across the room on its own, no one touching it.

4thly an old timer who comes in the pub (in his 70-80s who had visited the pub for 60 years), has reported seeing a little girl in the pub on many occasions

5thly the landlord's daughter (who acts as a barmaid) had been cleaning up the bar area on her own, hoovered under the tables and then returned to the other side of the bar to set up, when she clearly saw a tennis ball roll out from under a table in the other side (where she had just vacuumed) and roll several feet on its own into the middle of the room. This freaked her out so she was quite disturbed when telling us her experience of this.

6thly the beer cellar (which is also locked at the top of the stairs) has had things rearranged and disturbed when they have gone down into it on a few occasions.

Various other phenomena made us interested to investigate it so we had the opportunity to spend a few hours there last night, to kick it off, and will definitely be going back to dig in more!

Members who attended please post your photos and immediate reports here so we can get it fresh. Also any other members not in attendance who are interested in this pub or this investigation please post away here!!!

Here's The Ship, Raglan, Monmouthshire:

Old picture for now I borrowed off the net, new one to follow

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: THE SHIP INN, RAGLAN 4TH MAY 2014

Postby llandaffpete » Wed May 07, 2014 12:20 pm

May i say what a fantastic night we had at the ship inn all thanks to jane and ali for picking a great place to do a vigil and for making the night special for the birthday duo tom and sarah and for all the our others friends for making it a great night all round

Now to the vigil the ship inn is steeped in history and ghost stories you have to go there and see for yourself and chat to the locals and the landnords to find out its ghostly past but as for me ..well during the night a few things did happen while i was in the back celler i heard what sounded like stones dropping down the barrel shoot and what i thought was the sound off someone behind me alo in the celler tom and i saw what was a green/yellowish light moving back and forth the wall we did try to debunk it but could not .....
Other things that happened is when myself sarah and louise where sitting down not far from the dart board one off the darts came out and landed on the floor i know i was playing with the darts earlier but they were in very firm indeed and you would have had to yank it to get it out and later i found out it happened again but i know i put the darts in the board hard so watch this space ...
Also i picked up a good few orbs and felt colded spells but all in all a great night ......
ps nothing picked up on voice recorder

ship inn raglan 082.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
llandaffpete

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 am

On Sunday May 4th, an EG team consisting of myself, Chatelaine, GitM, Karen, Kim, Llandaff Pete, Yosemitesarah, and L.(who was present at the Shire Hall vigil back in December)arrived at this Inn situated in the little village of Raglan. Our purpose was two-fold: to help YosemiteSarah and myself celebrate our birthdays, and to conduct an investigation in what turned out to be a very active location.

After a very good meal, we had to wait a couple of hours for the place to empty. While we were waiting, we had an opportunity to talk to the owners, who told us of some of the weird events that occurred in the building. These included lots of poltergeist activity in the form of items moving on their own, darts being removed from the dartboard and dropped on the floor, and the apparition of a little girl, seen in the doorway by a long time customer of the inn. The weirdest story concerns an event that happened to the owner’s daughter. She was vacuuming the rugs in the dining area when a tennis ball literally appeared out of nowhere from under a table and rolled about 7 feet before coming to a stop in the middle of the floor.

Since we had only about 3 hours to conduct this vigil, it was decided we would concentrate on the cellars, the bar, and the dining room where we had our party. At 11:30 PM, the vigil commenced in the cellar. This area was split into two rooms-the main area where the beer barrels were stored, and a smaller room containing the barrel chute, separated from the main room by a perspex curtain. Since the AC in the main room was too cold for me, I joined LlandaffPete in the chute room. Here we set up a laser grid pattern, to go with our DVR, EMF meters, and Pete's camera. After the lights were turned of, and all kit in place, we commenced the investigation.

From what I was told, the main room was totally devoid of activity. But not so for we two in the chute room! After calling out, we were made aware of one of the strangest light anomalies we had ever encountered. A small bar of light, about 3 inches long appeared at the top of the field created by the laser grid, and for nearly 5 full minutes we watched this light move back and forth in a steady pace, almost like clockwork. The movement was so regular, our first thought was it was a reflection off something we were carrying. But we swiftly debunked this: It was not a reflection off any our meters, my watch(I took this off and placed it in my pocket)or my eyeglasses, which I also took off. Neither of us was wearing any kind of reflective clothing, and there were no light sources in the room itself. We can only assume, after rejecting all natural possibilities, that this light was something paranormal in origin.

After about 20 minutes, the group in the main room decided to move upstairs to the bar area. Pete and I moved into the area they had just vacated, but we could only endure about 5 minutes of the freezing cold before we had to vacate.

We re-joined the main group in the dining room just as things were kicking off there. As we entered the space, every K-2 meter in use was going berserk, all of them going into redline(dangerous)territory. There were wild swings in temperature through out the room, some members complained of being hot, others of being cold. GitM seemed to pick up on the energies of a little girl, and a large black dog, but could get no communications from either. But the most peculiar items while we were in that room were that while the K-2 meters were going mad, the Gauss meters registered nothing, nor did my Tri-Field meter. Also strange was Pete and Kim hearing the sound of a dart being thrown into the dartboard with great force, yet when they went to look at the board, they found one of the darts had fallen to the floor! Before we had left that room to start the vigil, Pete had wedged all 3 darts deeply in a triangle pattern on the board as a trigger object, so it was almost totally impossible for any of them to have been shaken loose by vibrations, etc.

After an hour in this room, the energies seemed to die down, so we finished up with a vigil to a small dining alcove on the other side of the bar, but this proved devoid of results, so we decided to pack it I, as our time was almost up.

This was a fantastic investigation, and a site we must return to. I want to thank all my EG mates for being the great friends they always have been, and thank them for a great birthday party!
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby karen » Sat May 31, 2014 7:39 pm

It was a great night at the Ship Inn. The food was great and the dart board quite active and not from us playing it!!!!!

The pub itself felt very friendly and welcoming. The experiences the current landlord and landlady where having appears to me to be friendly and almost welcoming them. The pub in fact, was so friendly I wandered off on my own as I didn't feel threatened in the least.

The Ship is a working pub and I can understand (with pubs shutting down at a rate of knots) that regular customers come first and foremost so we had only a little time (3 hrs) to really go too town on the place. It is a great location and well worth a visit.
karen

Postby GII-Team » Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi all,

was brilliant reading through this, definitely 1 of my best investigating team to read and see captures.
Sounds like an amazing birthday present.
:)

For the coldness was it being measured ? would be interesting to read the scientific facts about your experiences.

All meters going crazy sounds like my kinda place :)

Nice work all
GII-Team

Postby Spirit Bear » Sat May 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks for your comments, Andy and Kelly. It can be strange doings sometimes with the various type of EMF meters we use. The K-2 is our "old reliable", and is very good for responses to control questions of the yes/no type. The Gauss meter, which was one of the first types used on Most Haunted, is also very good for this type of experiment. GiTM gets the most amazing results with the Gauss when she is asking control questions- the device almost seems to sing at times!

I don't know if anybody in the main room of the cellar had a laser therm with them, but it would have been superfluous in that environment-it was absolutely frigid in the whole room, so it would have been impossible to register cold spots. If we had gotten hot spots down there that would have been great evidence! As stated we must go back there and do a longer vigil, and especially a solo vigil in the cellar-there is activity down there.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that :)
Well, it was combined with Tom's birthday party and the pub was still active til lord know's when (I think curious and excited customers wanting to stay and see what we were doing!!) so it was a bit different. We had also had a very very long day, 4 castles etc - but a very good one. So, we didn't have so much time but that was OK.

The temperature in the cellar was very cold as Tom says, because there were coolers and fans going like crazy down there keeping the beer cold, and it was also very loud, so not so easy to do a vigil in that main part of the cellar. We did have thermometers and were checking the temp every now and again but frankly it was so cold several of us had to get out of there as they hadn't come down with coats. Pete and Tom stayed down in the back part of the cellar where they were getting that odd light anomally.

Re: temperatures, often it can be a sudden rise in temperature on one spot or area, or around a person present as much as a drop in temp that can be just as interesting.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby GII-Team » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:42 pm

is there anything further to show us of this investigation as of yet ?
would be interesting to see how the paranormal Claims from staff and locals pare up with your investigation evidence!!!
does sound on black and white like potential for paranormal activity, cant wait to see what was documented.

GII-Team

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm

GII-Team wrote:is there anything further to show us of this investigation as of yet ?
would be interesting to see how the paranormal Claims from staff and locals pare up with your investigation evidence!!!
does sound on black and white like potential for paranormal activity, cant wait to see what was documented.

How's about it, team? Does anybody else who was on that vigil have anything to offer-photos, reports, EVP? Please put them down here, as this was a very good investigation. I, myself, would like to see more.
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 pm

I have all the recordings and footage... but haven't had a chance to go through it yet! This is the way it is these days, used to spend more time going through all the stuff and audio than the time of the actual vigil, but with working full time, no chance. But, with this one there's also another reason why I "parked" going through all that:- we haven't really finished, it was a short one due to the birthday celebration and only just really got off the ground (and also curious locals not leaving til way after time! Very annoying!) So, we need to go back there really. ...
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Next

Return to Investigations we've done