A Haunted Paranormal Museum

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

A Haunted Paranormal Museum

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:27 am

Yesterday, 7 members of NQPRG, my NY based PN team, visited the Paranormal Museum & Bookstore in Asbury Park, New Jersey(home of Bruce Springsteen). The museum itself was small, filled with some very interesting items, some of which, however, were obvious fakes(the skull of a female Jersey Devil and the foetus from same, for one). But the bookstore!!! :-D :shock: . A huge collection of books on ghosts, the PN, and other metaphysical subjects. My friends practically had to drag me out of there.

The clerk of the establishment very kindly let us have a 15 minute vigil in the museum, and we got some results, mostly some fluctuating cold spots, and a few EVPs on the Ovilus, including where a spirit, when asked its name, answered "George".

The store offers private investigations at a fairly reasonable price, and we may take them up on it later this summer.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Re: A Haunted Paranormal Museum

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 am

Sounds like an Aladdin's Cave for you Spirit Bear!! :)

Also sounds like a very interesting place indeed..... do you know what history the building has? Or do you suspect some of the activity may be connected to some of the artefacts in the museum. I believe that sometimes objects can imbibe various energies and wavelengths that can trigger, and may be the source of some haunting phenomena.... in the way of psychometry. Museums must be some of the most fruitful examples of such phenomena for PNIs.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:01 pm

I doubt many of the artifacts in this museum are personal, they all seemed to be pretty generic. They had a wall of the "Top 10" ghost photos, including the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall, etc. They also had sections on Bigfoot, vampires, zombies, PN equipment, etc. I don't know the history of the building, but many of the buildings in Asbury Park go back to the turn of the 20th Century. Perhaps, if we do a vigil there, we might get more info as the building's history.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Maybe it's more of an exhibition or display of information than a museum.... a museum is supposed to have objects & artifacts in it or old items.
Why do they say it's haunted, have any ghosts been seen there? Any the history of the building?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm

That sounds like your kind of place Spiritbear! I can imagine you are going to be needing some new bookcases to hold all the books you are going to buy there :-D

I love hearing about the vigils your group over there do and I'd certainly love to hear more about this place.
Chatelaine

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:20 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:Maybe it's more of an exhibition or display of information than a museum.... a museum is supposed to have objects & artifacts in it or old items.
Why do they say it's haunted, have any ghosts been seen there? Any the history of the building?

Supposedly there is the ghost of a little boy that has been seen, and another spirit that might be a woman. We are due to go back there in 2 weeks as part of a Ghost Walk and a Zombie-In, where they will attempt to set a Guinness Book of World Record for the most people getting into zombie make-up in one location. :roll: And NO, I will not be dressing up as a zombie!
Spirit Bear

Postby Midnight » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Spirit Bear wrote:We are due to go back there in 2 weeks as part of a Ghost Walk and a Zombie-In, where they will attempt to set a Guinness Book of World Record for the most people getting into zombie make-up in one location. :roll: And NO, I will not be dressing up as a zombie!

Oh go on with you, you know you want to, anyway, it would be rude not to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth ALWAYS comes out in the end.
Midnight

Return to Investigations we've done