THE ANGEL HOTEL, COLEFORD

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

THE ANGEL HOTEL, COLEFORD

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:16 am

We just came back from a one night investigation at the Angel Hotel in Coleford, Gloucestershire. Spirit Bear, myself, Llandaff Pete and Lou attended. Last night 31 May and 1 June.

Not the most active and responsive place at least on this particular night, but some very interesting phenomena happened, including 3 of us hearing a very clear female voice say "hello" in the bar when no one was there (so much so they were convinced a live guest or I was there, whereas I was upstairs and no one else was found to be on the whole ground floor, nor could they have moved quick enough from the area), footsteps and shuffling feet heard in roughly the same bar area later on in the night, our room light turned on while it was locked, and a feeling as if my my hand was being held by a large male hand in the same room. We will definitely go back for further investigations. Going away for a few days now, but when we return we will give a more full account of what happened.

Anyone who attended or who has been before, or who just wants to comment here please feel free :)

Meanwhile, the Michaela Strachan episode of Great British Ghosts where she visits this old establishment is here to enjoy:

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: THE ANGEL HOTEL, COLEFORD

Postby llandaffpete » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm

page 1.jpg
hello all
The Angel Hotel, was a lovely place to do a vigil and to have meal and may i say the food was fantastic also like always great company and great to catch up
The Vigil it was a slow night for me only a few things happened but some of the other guys had there own stories to tell ...lets go when i got there i noticed how lovely old type hotel with beams etc etc anyway after our meal myself and 3 of the guys were sitting down chilling after the meal where out of the blue came a womans voice saying :HELLO: myself and 2 others thought it was a member of the group coming back ( by this time the hotel was closed to the public) so we looked around and saw no one there, also we had a few other things happen the gause meter had a few hits when we mentioned railway and station also the K2 had a few spikes but not to many there were other things going on but i will let them tell you there stories of what happened to them :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
llandaffpete

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Have to be honest, I felt a bit let down after our vigil at the Angel. Not too much happened, IMO, but that is what PN vigils are all about, you have to take the disappointments with the good times.

I was with the group that heard the female voice saying hello, but I'm afraid I did not hear it myself. At first we thought it was GiTM coming back down to join us after going upstairs to rest a bit after a strenuous day on the job, but all agreed it was not her voice.

One incident that happened was when we started the vigil in Room 101, the former Royal Room, and the most active place in the hotel. While GiTM was calling out, I heard heavy footsteps over us on the 2nd floor, which was supposedly empty of customers. However, we've since learned that the staff member who was to lock up the place after we left was on that floor, so it was more likely it was him I heard.

I conducted 2 different solo vigils in the cellar, as we were uncertain which room had been the former morgue. Nothing happened on either one, but I'm sure that the refrigerated room that held the beer barrels was the morgue room, it had a tense atmosphere.

Not much was caught on our EMF meters, thermometers, or cameras. We will be going thru the voice recordings to see if anything was caught on tape.

So, a nice location, good company as always, and a nice meal, but I'm afraid I will have to call this one a bit of a limp lettuce.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:02 am

Shame nothing much happened but I guess that's ghost hunting, the heavy footsteps sound interesting.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:16 am

jerry1975 wrote:Shame nothing much happened but I guess that's ghost hunting, the heavy footsteps sound interesting.

Jerry.

Quite true, Jerry. We are suspicious of any group that claims to get results of whatever type every vigil. Sorry, but I can't buy that, it goes against the Law of Averages.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Spirit Bear didn't experience anything this time unfortunately, but a few of us did otherwise, will do a more complete report later. Have to admit it didn't seem very active though. But, we also haven't reviewed any footage or audio, so I'll wait a bit before concluding ....

I agree it just is true sometimes that nothing happens at all, in fact it would be more incredible if a venue did always give results immediately on a short vigil bearing in mind apparitions are usually only seen once or twice a decade in haunted places.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi Gitm,

I would be suspicious if things happen at every investigation too, I have been on investigation's for hours and nothing happened, but when they do my hart starts racing.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Very true Jerry.
And nothing beats it when it finally does all kick off :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:33 am

looks like a lovely place, shame nothing much happened but these thing happen, in fact it probably happens a lot.
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 am

Yes, most of the time.

I won't go so far as to say nothing happened though, we did get some results, some good EMF responses and some other phenomena .... Just nothing particularly happened to Spirit Bear at all, and it generally wasn't as active on the night as other sites have been in the past. We will definitely go back again though, and I look forward to getting half a day to review the footage and audio, these may turn up something.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Next

Return to Investigations we've done