TUTBURY CASTLE

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

TUTBURY CASTLE

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:06 am

We did an investigation at Tutbury Castle back in 2009, hired the site for the night.

I opened this thread really with the intention of reporting on that particular investigation, we still have the files and the audio, which I have never actually gone through. Most of our perceptions after the night were that it was pretty flat, a bit disappointing, but looking back I think we did get a lot - or at least I did. I also know that quite often when we go through the footage and audio after the event we are surprised to see what else we had, or what we picked up that we forgot about later.

I will go through all that in the next month and will post it here.

In the meantime, I just wanted to talk about Tutbury Castle in general, and these videos are quite interesting and entertaining.

1) The first has Derek visiting Tutbury and doing a walk about with Leslie Smith of Most Haunted, who is the curator of the castle.
2) The 2nd is a video of Leslie talking about the history of the castle.
3) The 3rd is the Most Haunted episode about Tutbury Castle, for those who want to re-visit it.

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: TUTBURY CASTLE

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Afraid the only thing I got at Tutbury was a sore butt when I slipped and fell on some wet pavement! The weather was horrible, torrential rains and 50MPH + winds made outside investigating impossible. Plus we had to do this vigil cold-we were not allowed in until 10:30 at night, negating doing any baseline tests. Real fun, climbing up the 4 story tower where MQoS is said to descend the stairs.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GII-Team » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 am

That's a shame!!

Hope you managed to document something un-natural during your vigil.

Analysis 9 times out of 10 is where the activity manifests find its very rare to experience actual paranormal phenomenon - which is a good thing I think, if it happened all the time there would be little effort to research.

look forward to the findings :)
GII-Team

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:40 pm

We have absolutely loads of stuff, audio and video that we have never reviewed, and far from it, we did get results about a surprising character that we had no idea was connected to the castle at all, so it is not true that nothing happened.

Quite often there is also a perception somewhere is flat, and then you go through and find people picking up and sensing all sorts of things.... but later on they forget! It's for this reason recording the whole thing on audio is useful. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case with Tutbury,quite in addition to any possible anomalies or interesting phenomena we may have recorded but know nothing about yet.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:52 am

It was great to do Tutbury Castle and I look forward to reviewing our footage too! We have so much still to go through, what are we like! :lol:

Whatever our experiences when we investigate a castle, be it average or extreme, I have to say, I find it something really unusual to do. There's just something so special about spending time in such an ancient place, at night, when you have the run of the place.
Chatelaine

Return to Investigations we've done