CHILLINGHAM CASTLE - JANUARY 2008

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

Re: CHILLINGHAM CASTLE - JANUARY 2008

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

I am still shaking my head over TAPS International assertion that they didn't think Chillingham was haunted.(They did a two day vigil there in November 2007)

When I heard that,I just had to challenge them. I sent an e-mail to them,inviting them to come back to Chillingham and do a joint vigil with us. Of course I heard nothing from them,but it was this,along with their incredibly callous behaviour at Mary King's Close,that convinced me they were not genuine,dispassionate PNI's,but just a bunch of macho,chest-thumping jerks.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Well, I sent an email to the manager of Chillingham giving her the link to our investigation report, and she answered it saying it was fascinating & just spent 30 minutes reading it, & that it was the most detailed report she'd ever seen of an investigation there. She says she'd like us to come back.

We will have to arrange another trip there some time.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Oh yeah! That's really nice that we got an invite like that Ali, wow! Well, maybe we can arrange something for later in the year once we've all got over Christmas? :D
Chatelaine

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:52 am

It would be an offer I couldnt refuse!!! I would love so much if the situation was to arise again :D
PinkFrenchFancy

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:10 am

Today,I attended a class conducted by Northwestern Queens Paranormal Research Group on how to conduct PNI's. Among other items,I was able to show them the footage of the oubliette apparition. After viewing the footage several times,and hearing my debunking of various natural explanations,all of which they agreed with,many of them,especially the more experianced PNI's,are convinced that what we caught on camera was most likely an apparition. It was nice to finally have some independent,outside opinions on this footage.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:26 am

Tom, knowing about this particular incident and having been there at the time it happened, and seen the environment and what it couldn't possibly be, it's difficult to find anything else to explain it.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:Tom, knowing about this particular incident and having been there at the time it happened, and seen the environment and what it couldn't possibly be, it's difficult to find anything else to explain it.

I agree,Al,but there is always that quote from Derek Acorah,which is quite apropo:"To the skeptic,no proof is possible,to the believer no proof is necessary." BTW,has anybody figured out a way yet to download that footage onto EG,so that our members can view it? If you need it,I can send you my copy of the DVD.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Tom, that's true but in the most severe cases of scepticsm and believers, some people are somewhere in the middle. I'd also say it's true of the word "proof" as opposed to "evidence". Most sceptics are materialists, that's what we always used to call them years ago.

Re: footage: it would have to be uploaded probably best to something like Dropbox and then could be viewed online. I'm sure we have copies here but not sure where at the moment, house in a turmoil, it will have to wait til we are less busy with the house.

The other thing about that footage is it's pretty unimpressive without all the background and understanding of what the scene is like and the environment, which you no doubt were ableto convey to that other NY group last night.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:40 pm

We had only a short amount of time left in the session,as we had to vacate the premises,so I jumped the tape to the actual moment of the sighting. I play and replayed it about half a dozen times,even stopped the tape at the exact second the apparition appears. One of the men present,who has done hundreds of investigations,was sure he could see what looked like a head on the thing. All I can say is that it made quite an impression on all present,and even scared some of the newbies!
Spirit Bear

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 am

I learned from our friend Chris(Pink French Fancy)that West Yorkshire Paranormal Group,with whom we did the Chillingham investigation,has broken up. Even tho we did have a few differences with them,we never like to hear of a fellow PN group shutting down. Hopefully,after a time,they will get back together.
Spirit Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Investigations we've done