CHILLINGHAM CASTLE - JANUARY 2008

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

Re: CHILLINGHAM CASTLE - JANUARY 2008

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:59 pm

It's nice to know I've got a freedom of speech but it's never my intention to rattle up or offend anyone. Life's too short to hold grudges and not enjoy things.

Thanks for the warm welcome back though. It's greatly appreciated.

4 years ago! 'eck is that how long it's been!
PinkFrenchFancy

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:02 pm

No probs Chiris. Actually, you know Chillingham was Jan 2008, that's nearly 7 years ago!!

Time flies doesn't it!! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 am

You're a nice guy you'd never offend me ;-)

Yes, Chillingham was a great experience, so much happened that weekend! Done a few castles since then, but none have compared to that scary place.
Chatelaine

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:47 pm

You know, I never found it really scary at all, just saturated with its past, really atmospheric. It was a really lived in sort of castle. I somehow don't think all the torture and stuff about the Scots was absolutely true. Sanna, the lady who was the housekeeper when we were there, told me there was never any actual evidence about John Sage. So, I wonder?

I'm sure Edward I probably did stay there, but for a short while... and lots of other history.

I was just reading about how the lady of the house in 1925 found skeletons buried beneath the flooring in an entrance apartment, so I'm sure there were some nasty things that happened there, and in the oubliette, but not to the degree describe (they used to say 1000s of Scots prisoners were buried in the grounds... don't think so!)

My most profound experience was when I was resting up in the diary, and I heard someone come in the room - I asssumed it was Nor or Jane, as we were all sharing the dorm. Female presence, very pleasant, and then this very strong smell of scent in the room ... I assumed it was one of those air fresheners that plug into the sockets. Then I was aware of the person standing over me, looking down at my face, and a very kind, motherly feel to it, just curious and caring.
I then opened my eyes.... no one there, the smell lingered for a few minutes, I got up and searched the room, no air fresheners, nothing. The smell stopped very suddenly. Sanna said no air fresheners were in that room. I'm sure I was visited by the famous ghost Lady Mary .. Jane and Nor had not visited the room at all while I was in it. Also it wasn't them, it was an older woman.

Jane (Chatelaine) used to hate the bathroom in the Dairy, it did have a pretty horrible feel to it!

(I probably already told that tale of Lady Mary somewhere on this thread, if so apologies - but it's still lingering with me as strongly as it did when it happened :) )
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Orb Magnet » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:19 pm

I t was a bit strange that bathroom Tom! Can u remember the staircase were our lounge was? There was hanging on the wall a gong and I sweear to God something was tapping it! I kept hearing footsteps up and down the stairs on our first night!
Love chillingham castle!!!
The kingdom of God is inside you, And all around you, Not in mansions of wood and stone.Split a piece of wood....And I'm there....lift a stone ....And you will fine me.

Gospel of St.Thomas.
Orb Magnet

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:49 pm

I was literally talking to my friend on a long walk home at 2am this morning after work about my long weekend at Chillingham! I was amazed to find that he too was also so interested in the paranormal. We shared tales of our strange experiences.... Admittedly i had alot more than him with all the investigating and stuff... But Chillingham will always be the highlight of my time investigating.
PinkFrenchFancy

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Hey Chris great to see you here again!! :)
Wow, what a coincidence is that!.... Or you in tune with us through the ether, as we were all in a chat room looking at all the old pics from Chilli just 2 nights ago!.
Orb Magnet is Nor, remember at Chillingham? Great memories there.
We will be getting together in another week or two for another investigation but at the other end of the country.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:56 pm

We really need to go back to Chillingham-I'm sure we've given Sir Humphrey enough time to recover from our last visit! :-D
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Orb Magnet » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:51 am

I hope has too recovered lol!!
Would definitely go back there.
The kingdom of God is inside you, And all around you, Not in mansions of wood and stone.Split a piece of wood....And I'm there....lift a stone ....And you will fine me.

Gospel of St.Thomas.
Orb Magnet

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

I think if I had the opportunity to go back and do it again it would be too good to pass it up.
PinkFrenchFancy

PreviousNext

Return to Investigations we've done