Baskerville Hall Investigation 28-29 Oct 2012

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

Baskerville Hall Investigation 28-29 Oct 2012

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 pm

We're off on a vigil tonight at a venue in Herefordshire near the Welsh border. Will have 9 members of the forum there, though known to most of the "regulars" who come in the chatroom, we will reveal where and how it went tomorrow! (just to avoid jolly gate crashers).

Forum may be a little quieter tonight!

;)

Just to edit: this was Baskerville Hall, Hay on Wye in Herefordshire, original location of the "hound of the Baskervilles story" - Conan Doyle was good friends of the Baskerville family at this house and changed the location for his book to Devon in order to protect their privacy.

We have done 2 previous investigations at this location and all have been very good, with excellent activity. This one was also active but a little more subtle & different this time, and we came up with a lot of fresh material in new locations we did, and revisited areas we covered before proved pretty flat.

There were 9 members in total and we had a great time there, and some interesting occurances. Please watch this space for members' reports on what happened from their view.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: We're off on a vigil tonight

Postby Midnight » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Are gatecrashers jolly :?: :lol:

Have fun
The truth ALWAYS comes out in the end.
Midnight

Re: Baskerville Hall Investigation 28-29 Oct 2012

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

LOL Midnight, :D I suppose it depends on the definition chosen for "jolly", definitely not happy. However, we were, it went very well and I think we all had fun and enjoyed the night. We got some interesting results there, and have quite some footage and audio recordings to go through. I am sure each member will put in a report from their viewpoint, hopefully while it is still fresh in their minds.
There were 9 participants in total, including 8 members of this forum.

I won't be putting a big report on the main website any time in future by request from the Hall, but we can chat about it here on the forum.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

On Sunday, October 28th, 2012, a 9 person crew from Everything Ghost arrived at Baskerville Hall Hotel to conduct our 3rd investigation at this fabulous location. Besides myself,the team included Alison(GitM), Jane(Chatelaine), Karen(Karen)and her friend Kim, Peter(LlandaffPete)and his friend Sarah,Jeff(Jeffers),Matt(Matt77). For Kim and Sarah,this was their first PNI,and though they were nervous,they were also keen on what would happen that night.

We were kipped in Rooms 21,22(very active),and 33,and we also received the keys to various other rooms which were empty. It was decided that Room 22 would be the hub and our first vigil. Alison, Jane, Kim, and Karen stayed in this room . The room had a very strange lay-out:four beds,the loo,and the clothes cubboard,were in the front part of the room. The remaining 3 beds were in an alcove behind the front section,seperated by an open-ended partition,along with a small cubby hole behind a door in the corner. Kim reported being very uncomfortable in this area,and later on we would learn her feelings were well founded.

After we were all assembled in 22,Alison and I spent some time explaining the various meters,voice recorders,and other devices,and how we conducted our vigils,for the benefit of Kim and Sarah. We then scattered our EMF meters thru-out the room,positioned the team members so that all meters would be in constant sight,doused the lights,and the vigil began. After a few minutes in which all members tuned in to see what they could sense,Alison began to call out. These were the impressions she received,along with things that Kim,Karen, and Sarah felt. It was not a pretty story.

The spirit we allegedly met was a young girl named Elizabeth, who had been a maid here when the building was still a private home. Alison felt the girl was about 14,tho Sarah got an age of 22. Elizabeth had been raped by a senior member of the servant staff. We had met this slime on a previous vigil at the hotel. He felt that there was nothing wrong in raping a woman,indeed he thought he had every right to do so whenever he liked. He was also sure he would never be caught,or punished. By whatever means,he persuaded Elizabeth that nothing wrong had happened,but she was to keep quiet. Elizabeth became pregnant,and when her condition was learned,she was shown the usual Victorian “compassion” for women in her condition-she was dismissed from her job,and turned out of the house to fend for herself as a “fallen woman”. Elizabeth and her child died in childbirth,and her spirit returned to Baskerville because it was the only place she ever knew. Here she stays,unable to move on,because she feels what happened to her was her fault(another charming piece of Victorian misogyny).

During our time in Room 22, we received plenty of confirming evidence in the form of EMF spikes,cold spots and drafts,and numerous orbs caught on camera. However, after nearly an hour in the room,the energies seemed to die out,and it was decided to end the session,and move on to our next location,which was Room 21,where Peter and Sarah were staying. Sarah told us she was not comfortable in this room,and for good reason.We met up with another familiar resident. This was a nasty little man,a lower-level servant,who spent all his free time spying on couples in their intimate moments. This was when he wan’t spying on the maids undressing in their bedrooms. This little creep had spy holes and hiding places where he conducted his perverted peeping all over the building,tho Room 21 was his favorite place. Needless to say,this information didn’t sit too well with Sarah!

Our next location was Room 7,a large,spacious bedroom. The impressions caught here was of a nurse or nursemaid tending to sick children or an elderly invalid. Other than that,we caught little of significance in this room. The crew then moved on to Room 5, a room I can only describe as weird. Centerpiece of the room was a large,low to the floor bed,equipped with its own lighting,music system,and decorated with tacky faux fur trim. This monstrosity looked like it came out of a XXX movie set! A small curtained alcove contained a smaller bed,while the bathroom contained a huge tub that I remember with small fondness-the last time I had been in that room,the tub was occupied by the biggest spider I ever saw in my life!

Luckily,this time there was no spider. All the crew remarked on the hostile,unfriendly nature of this room. This had been the room of a horrible man who delighted in beating women up,one of them almost to the point of death. He would come back here to secretly gloat,relish,and take delight in what he had done,even to the point of writing his filthy deeds down in a journal or diary. Altho this monster did not put in an appearance,the room was just filled with the essence of his hate and rage,a perfect example of the stone tape theory in action.

With the exception of Jeff,myself,and later Peter,the crew then moved on to the mezzanine landing of the main stairs,where we had received so much in the way of PN activity our previous 2 visits. Since I was not present at this area,I will leave it for the other crew members who had been there to describe their results. Jeff and myself went into Room 6. When the crew left Room 7 to go to Room 5,Kim claimed that as she was passing the door to Room 6,she heard voices from inside it,especially the Jewish word “Oy”,so Jeff and I decided to give this room a go.

I hated this room the moment I entered it. It was small,claustrophobic,cheerless. Our EMF meter went off almost the minute we set foot inside,and tho there was little communication,we learned enough to get the idea that this had been a sick room during WW2. There had been a Jewish nurse,and one of her patients had been a German POW who had been injured and horribly burned about the face. The nurse loathed having to care for this man,and it was implied that she may have neglected him,and/or sped up his death. All during our time in this room,Jeff complained of his face itching and burning. It became so painful,I was forced to ask several times that the condition be removed. Jeff also mentioned an almost constant cold draft on his left side. After awhile,communications ceased,so we packed it in,for which I was very glad.

We rejoined the main body of the team just as they finished up on the stairs,and we all made our way to the swimming pool. This was another extremely active area. In a previous visit,Alison picked up on the spirits of a young boy who had drowned in the pool,and a teacher who was wracked by feelings of guilt,because he was supposed to be watching out for the boys,and this occurred when he had stepped away from the pool for a moment. He supposedly hanged himself in despair.

The pool area did not have a nice feel-dank and oppressive. After dispersing our EMF meters thru-out the area,we all sat on the benches,and began asking out. Other than a few spikes on the EMF meters,nothing happened until I happened to look over at a doorway that lead to various mechanical rooms,all locked. As I looked,I saw an enormous shadow,about 8 feet tall,emerge from one wall behind the meter we had placed there,and disappear into the opposing wall. I saw this quite distinctly,it was not a reflection,it moved with purpose. At the same time,those of the crew with laser therms reported significant drops in temperature. I then walked over to the area where I had seen the shadow,and it felt like stepping into a meat locker. I stood there for as long as I could stand the cold,then rejoined the crew. I was then told that one of the ladies,Kim,I believe,had seen the 8 foot tall shadow pass on the opposite wall from the door and vanish. It had even obscured the green security light posted about 7 feet up the wall. The atmosphere kept getting tenser by the moment,so we decided it was time to vacate that area.

Our last vigil area was the Music Room,right off the main lobby. While the crew was getting ready to do this room,Jeff and I decided to go outside for a quick look at a rose garden allegedly haunted by a White Lady. However it must have been her night off,as we felt and sensed absolutely nothing. So we returned to the Music Room,where we stayed for about an hour. I must ask my compadres to fill you in on what happened here,as I was so tired by that time,I can recall little of my time in there. We ended the investigation at 4:30 AM,quite pleased with the results.

I want to thank my mates, Alison,Jane,Pete,Karen and Jeff for being the friends and comrades they are. I want to greet Matt,an investigations veteran,for his first vigil with EG-you handled that Tri-Field meter like a pro! Lastly to Kim and Sarah,it was a pleasure to meet you ladies,and congrats to you for handling your first vigil like troopers. We will be coming back to Baskerville again and again,it is such a lovely,warm,and friendly place.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Thebogeyman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 pm

An excellent night for all and a wonderful location.

Thanks for taking the time to report Tom , really enjoyed reading your exploits.
Glendower. - I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur. - Why, so can I; or so can any man:
But will they come when you do call for them ?
Thebogeyman

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm

My pleasure,Ken. I would have had it done sooner if my piece of trash computer had stopped playing its usual silly games while I was trying to type! :(
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby karen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Orb on the landing... Baskerville hall..

music room before we started communicating

music room when we started communicating
orbs and lots of them

massive great bright orby thing inside the music room

outside baskerville and that bright orby thing outside the music room

karen

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Great photos,Karen,well done! Baskerville is a location that never fails to deliver in terms of PN activity,no "limp lettuce" at this place!
Spirit Bear

Postby Midnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Thank you, most interesting.

Looking at the pictures, I have to say I don't like the music room for some reason.

I understand there is a lot of debate about orbs and what they actually are, I'm not sure what to make of such things myself, I mean, how can dust motes be perfectly round?
The truth ALWAYS comes out in the end.
Midnight

Postby Thebogeyman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Midnight wrote:Thank you, most interesting.

Looking at the pictures, I have to say I don't like the music room for some reason.

I understand there is a lot of debate about orbs and what they actually are, I'm not sure what to make of such things myself, I mean, how can dust motes be perfectly round?

The enclosure below will be illuminating ( arf ) regards orbs and the sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)

Will be posting pictures from Mary Kings Close and Blair Vaults later which have orbs present but the enviroment down there is dusty and there is water penetration from above causing all sorts of weird shapes.

I am not saying this is the only source for orbs.

Thanks again for that Karen , those are intriguing images .... and what a fab looking location.
Glendower. - I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur. - Why, so can I; or so can any man:
But will they come when you do call for them ?
Thebogeyman

Next

Return to Investigations we've done