An Investigation in the Blair Street Vaults

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

Re: An Investigation at the Blair Street Vaults

Postby spookynoodles » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Spirit Bear i'm very glad to hear you had a good time there , they are quite accomadating Derby folk (blow the trumpet) jacket with bns and cheese mmmm winter warmer , anyone who i have ever spoke to that has been there has said they have had an eerie feeling about the place . Richard F is a good bloke he has such enthusiasm in his chosen field .
please let us know what you decide about future locations -brill :-D

just a pity i couldn't afford the funds to go to the Vaults with you all . :sad:
spookynoodles

Postby Thebogeyman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Have attached the Flickerstream with the few pictures I had taken down there. Sorry there are so few , the reason being that during the experiments we could not take photographs as this was a distraction to other members during same and at same time all lights within were off here so constant flickering would ruin your night vision ... also had to be wary that other groups were nearby and you could interfere with what they were doing.

The PNI team called for all lights to be off down there which I questioned but this is the way they do things and I respect that however I was wary that some members would see something in their anticipation ( which they did ) ... anyway there is a short description ... I will add the other locations and complete a short description of events within here as I took part in the " Human Pendulum " experiment which was interesting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96575906@N ... otostream/
Glendower. - I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur. - Why, so can I; or so can any man:
But will they come when you do call for them ?
Thebogeyman

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:56 am

Would like to explode another Most Haunted bit that they came up with in their episode in the Vaults and during their Live Event down there: There is absolutely no evidence that Burke and Hare, the infamous body snatchers, were ever in the Vaults. They did their work in the close they lived in,down under the imposing presence of Edinburgh castle. This close, which no longer exists, was where the New Town area is.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

Who told you that Tom? I wonder if there is also the case that there is no evidence to say that they didn't go there too? Just saying :?
Chatelaine

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

I've just finished reading The Anatomy Murders,which is pretty much the last word on Burke and Hare. Nowhere in the book are the Vaults mentioned in connection with the gruesome twosome.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Interesting, but I wonder what the actual truth is. They even get a mention in WIkipedia, so maybe the author of your book does not have the last word?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Vaults
Chatelaine

Postby Thebogeyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:52 pm

I would agree with Tom , it is unlikely that Burke and Hare ever lurked down there as these 2 arrived in Edinburgh around 1827 .... the vaults became uninhabitable and were filled about this time. These 2 would select their victims from the Inns around the Grassmarket area with the deed carried out at the boarding house.

I have been on 2 investigations where the spirits of 2 men are said to be wandering around and watching , one being Niddry Street and the other Mary Kings Close .... as it is this could be anybody having a nosey as to what we were up to

On our last night in Edinburgh we embarked on the Ghostbustour ( like the name ? ) which takes you round the haunted locations around Edinburgh and they stated that the ghost of Sawney Bean was seen at the top of Arthur's Seat .... as he resided and dined in the Galloway area it is hard to envisage as to why he was there either ... but there you go ...
Glendower. - I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur. - Why, so can I; or so can any man:
But will they come when you do call for them ?
Thebogeyman

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

I'd say this is pretty typical of almost any haunted place that also is historic: if there's a ghost seen, they automatically assume it's the most prominent figure associated with the place or location. Hence, the ghost seen at Dunstanburgh is of course Thomas Earl of Lancaster, the ones at the Tower of London are Ann Boleyn etc, the one seen at Pevensey is of course the famous Lady who commanded it & withstood the siege while her husband fought elsewhere...... any of these could just as easily be a long dead servant, latter day caretaker, or even a vagrant spook who has decided to take up residence..... :-D

Niddry Street, MCK etc are also part of the tourist industry, all the tours are geared that way for entertainment, so they are bound to add to and milk any scary tale from the area for as much as can be..

The Mercat History tour is much more accurate, when I went on it it was anyway - a very genuine qualified historian led the tour and dealt only in known facts. It's well worth doing that tour as well as any spook tours, as you get the full picture & background and it is a much longer, more thorough tour than most of the ghost tours (only without the spooky stuff).

Tom, on locations to choose so we can include our Scottish members: it's best to choose as far north as possible. Derby or Baskerville may be possible for us down in the south (would love to meet you at Derby Spookynoodles!), but it would take more than a full day's drive to get from Scotland to these places. Newcastle Keep may be a good idea though, would love to do that one again, smashing place for an investigation! Failing that, North East Air museum in Sunderland....
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: An Investigation in the Blair Street Vaults

Postby Spirit Bear » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Just saw a clip of Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures doing a solo vigil in Mr. Boots room. Seems 6 Pac Zak is not as macho as he lets on-he was nearly bricking himself in there,especially when he heard what sounded like scratching on the wall when he was calling out. Leave Mr. Boots to our Vicki, Zak, she is far more capable in dealing with him!
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Bear

Re: An Investigation in the Blair Street Vaults

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Ha ha ha!

Well, I suspect, as with any of these shows, his fear reaction will all be pumped up for the viewers - as I have said a quadrillion times before on the forum, these shows are all for entertainment. If they had intrepid solo vigilists like yourselves Tom, they'd go bankrupt :-D
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Investigations we've done