SHIRE HALL MONMOUTH - 6-7th Dec 2013

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

Postby sporty » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Just wanted to say on behalf of my boyfriend and myself thank you GhostInTheMachine for organising this, it was brilliant. We both enjoyed it however my bf was freaked out a bit by the cells and admitted he wanted to get out of there lol.
It was fab meeting everyone as your all lovely. Cant wait to see the feedback. :-D
sporty

Re: Next Investigation: SHIRE HALL MONMOUTH

Postby sporty » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Thought I would post my pics and my view of what happened. Just been talking to my son and he has tried to give me an explanation to the photos.

This is the way I remember things but some may see it differently and I'm already forgetting lol. I will just say the most interesting to me.

The best part was the cells as thats where most activity was for me. I got a feeling of a man, an old man with dirty grey hair and in pain sat opposite my bf on a bench. There was one part that was very creepy to me and I was sat with my back to it. The old man couldnt speak but was trying to. I can not remember all the questions asked but there was a lot of activity on the monitors so best to leave it to the ones that recorded it. When I had my back to this one part which we now know was the tunnels I felt uncomfortable as if someone was behind me. There was noises coming from there and I think I heard groaning but not sure. The part that got to me more was that my back got very cold just in one spot, not the whole of my back. I then felt as if someone was putting there hand on my back. I dismisssed this thought and touched my back. Not long after that I felt someone poke my left shoulder and I jumped, I did actually mention this at the time. The pressure in my head was intense, it was an awful feeling and place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9u72ao7a06wz ... 183.JPG?m=

Another photo which I dont know if there were any posters on the wall that could explain this but is this picture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3ism2by15rvt ... 145.JPG?m=

This is the part that they have just opened up
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jv0rqkv8xfkg ... 153.JPG?m=

Ok I cant remember the rooms, so will put the photos up and explain what went on.

I am putting a few photos the same up as I think there are orbs on some in different places.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vr29e9eeida1 ... 132.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zoubugw9h7ix0 ... 138.JPG?m=

Nothing on the above two but this one is different, you decide.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ialwwub7a0bcp ... 165.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6h6vvlhe1cd6 ... 195.JPG?m=

In the above room my legs went cold and I felt as if there was a cold ball of air in between my bf and myself.

In the below room my bf said a name that came into his head we will research the name and post it up cos I cant remember it now. My bf felt like there were children around his feet playing under the table. I felt there was a little girl i this room.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxrbhbmgadk66x7/P1070168.JPG

This next room two names came into my head John or George as I said this the monitors flashed and made noises, sorry dont know the technical terms lol
I felt as if there was children in here and the doorway was significant also the mural, noise were coming from by the murial. When the monitor thing was flashing I got a warm, really hot feeling on my legs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03zzobf0zxg7 ... 143.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03zzobf0zxg7 ... 143.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy8ywisu9lls7 ... 175.JPG?m=
the light is a reflection from the socket on the above one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy8ywisu9lls7 ... 175.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt92krysoxqn7 ... 177.JPG?m=
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuo4zp81hffis ... 178.JPG?m=

So I have put photos up of the same areas with changes that I can see. My bf freaked out in the tunnels and also thought he saw someone walk up the stairs when we were in one of the rooms. I would love to know peoples views on the photos, my son has already given me these and says it is of the camera and I appreciate his view. What I will say though is no one can explain the feelings I got being touched legs getting warm and going cold, thoughts that came into my head that were similar to others but I will let them tell you more. I thought it was a great experience with great people. Do I believe in ghosts yes i do.

Exscuse my spelling and lack of knowledge of the equipment but wanted o type this up before I forgot. Other things happened but these are the main things to me.
sporty

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Before I give my report on this vigil,I just want to thank all my teammates for a great investigation,and the Shire Hall for a great location.

Since we seperated into groups for most of the time we were here,I can only relate those episodes that I was part of,or observed. I'm sure,once all the vigil members submit their reports,a clearer picture of the Shire Hall will emerge.

We arrived at the site at 8 PM,on Friday December 6th. After being greeted by Jordan,the staff member on duty,we made our way upstairs to a conference room that had once been a civil court room. This would be our hub. Besides myself,the team included GhostInThe Machine,Chatelaine,LlandaffPete,Jeffers,Karen and her friend Kim,sporty and her BF D.,and L.,a friend of Chatelaine and GiTM.

After getting our kit unpacked,GiTM led us on a tour of the building,showing us the locations that would be investigated. It was decided to do our first vigil as a group in the Main Court Room,which had been used from 1720-1997 for capital trial offenses,such as murder,rape,and treason. It was here that the famous trial of the Chartists was held. We dispersed thru this room,which was huge. I,along with Karen and Kim,was in the public gallery above the court room. From here we had a clear view of all the other members,and of all the meters placed around the room. Jeffers and GiTM were seated on the judges dais,LlandaffPete was in the Witness Box,sporty and D. were in the Dock,L. was in the Jury Box,using a pair of divining rods,with which she got some strong reactions. Well done,L.! Chatelaine was handling the camcorder,and was busy filming all over the room.

After getting all gear and crew in place,we began with GiTM calling out,and it didn't take long for the activity to kick off. Almost at once,all the K-II meters began to flash on,often going as high as 3 on the scale. Meantime,GiTM's Gauss meter began to sing,getting louder when certain questions were asked. Kim,who was in charge of the laser therm, reported drastic drops in temperature around several of the members,especially sporty and D. This last could be explained by the fact that the Dock was directly in front of the stairs leading to the holding cells and dungeon,and there could have been a draft coming up from there.

About this time,Karen,Kim,and I began to be distracted by our own activity. We started hearing loud footsteps and doors banging in the hallway outside the Gallery,and we were constantly going out to check to see who was wandering around. At first we thought it was Jordan making rounds,but it wasn't. The footsteps we heard were heavy and sounded like somebody wearing boots. Because of this,I must ask my fellow members who were in the Court room to fill you in on what happened in there while we were investigating outside. I understand some interesting activity was noted while they were in there.

For the next part of the vigil,we split into 2 teams of 5. I,along with Jeffers,LlandaffPete,Kim,and Karen,went into a room that had once been a civil court,where lesser offences like theft,etc,were dealt with. This room was now used for business and social affairs. Because it contained a large mural of Henry V,it was named after that monarch. It was a large,well-lit room,but there was an ominous feeling to the place,which Kim and Karen picked up on right away. We decided to call out,and arranged our chairs in a circle in the middle of the room. The minute we did that,the temperature just plummeted,and we knew somebody was in there with us. The ladies felt there were was a child or children with us(there are numerous reports of children all thru the building). Once again,I was distracted by knocks,bangs,and doors slamming outside the room,and had to go search several times,but found nothing. During our time in this room,we got only a few short spikes on the EMF meters,and a few orbs.

After about an hour of this,we switched locations with the other group,and took our places in the other former courtroom,which we were using as our hub. We got a lot more activity here. Kim complained of a very painful headache almost all the time we were in here,constant temperature drops,more footsteps outside the room,and Jeffers felt a tug on his jeans,like that of a small child. I may also say we had to do this particular vigil under duress-we were annoyed by the non-stop blare of the security alarm of the nail salon across the road,and then we were drowned out by a large bunch of people passing by the building,yelling,screaming,and chanting slogans. Considering this,it was amazing we were able to carry on at all in there!

Following this,we took a much needed break for snackies and drinks. At the point we all agreed it had been a great vigil,but the best was yet to come!

For the last 2 hours of the vigil(we had to be out of there by 2 AM)we once again split up. My group took up stations on the main stair case,where much activity has been felt,and seen. The other group headed down to the holding cells and dungeon.

I was stationed at the top landing,where I could see directly into the judge's private chamber. LlandaffPete was directly across from me,Jeffers was below on the next level,along with Kim,and Karen was on the stairs to my left. In addition to the usual kit,LlandaffPete and Jeffers set up two laser grid patterns,which are very useful for detecting shadow figures,and here they proved their weight in gold.

Once we were set up,Jeffers started to call out. For awhile,nothing happened. Then,as I was looking down into the judge's room,I distinctly saw a black figure cross the open doorway from left to right and vanish. In a few minutes,I again saw the same figure,and knew it was time to see what was going on. Kim then told me she had seen the same figure,just outside the judges room in a corner. Jeff took my place at the top of the stairs while I investigated. I went into the judges room,and saw a door which led into a room holding cleaning supplies. There was a second door opposite,but it was locked. We later saw that it led into the Henry V room. When I went into that room,I felt like I had walked into a meat locker,it was absolutely frigid in there. I then went back thru the judges room into the Main Court room. This place would have been ideal as a play room for children,lots of nooks and crannies to hide in. Then I realized that's just who we were dealing with-children playing hide and seek,and peek-a-boo. After making a full round and finding nothing,I re-joined my team mates,and Jeff told me he had seen the exact same shadow figure in the judge's room. After that,things got quiet,and not much more of note happened.

It was once again time to change places with the other team,and was I glad we had saved the best for last. We now headed down into the cellar containing the holding cells and a surprise. The day before the vigil,GiTM and I had done a recce of the location,and one of the staff showed us an area down there that was not usually open to the public. If you look at sporty's photos of the cellars on her report,you will see an archway with a large white door beyond the cells. Inside here are more cells,and a midden. This had been uncovered by contractor's who had been doing repair work down there, It was filled with debris,old bottles,and had a flagstone floor. The front wall of this hole was one of the last few remaining pieces of Monmouth Castle. Until this midden is excavated fully,we will not know what is down there,but it is believed that there is a warren of tunnels under the Shire Hall. It is also thought that the room of the midden itself might have been a torture chanber at one time. In that area is another longish room that had been used as an air raid shelter during WWII,as it was covered with old war-time patriotic posters and an old radio.

At the start of this last vigil,the other 4 members grouped themselves around the midden,while I went into the air-raid room where I could monitor that and see my mates at the same time. All our K-II monitors immediately went to 2 and stayed there for the duration of our time-except when they were flickering up to 3. We have never seen K-II's display such constant light-ups before. Kim and Karen did not like this room at all,but being the troopers they are,they stuck it out. About half an hour in,it really kicked off. As Jeffers was asking questions,his Ghost Meter EMF unit went berserk. This meter emits a red flashing light as well as a sound. It was as if a great number of entities were all trying to talk at once,or one entity was talking so fast,we could not understand what it was saying. We had to ask it several times to slow down. Once we got this person calmed down,this is the gist of what we were told: he had been either a pirate,a smuggler,or both. He had been murdered,either by his mates,who had double-crossed him,or as that old pirate tale goes,he was killed and his body left with the treasure,so that his ghost would guard it for all time. He told us that his body,and the treasure were still buried down there under the flagstones,along with other items of interest. It was amazing the effort it took this fellow to communicate with us,he put in one hell of an try to reach us. Every time we thought he had exhausted himself,he would rally with another spurt of energy to tell us more. But sadly,our time was up and we had to end the investigation,but we assured the poor soul trapped in that hole that we would be back to help him,if we could.

This was a fantastic investigation,one of our very best,IMO. I want to sent a shout-out to all my EG mates for being the great friends and compadres they have always been. I want to say hello to sporty,our newest teammate and her boy friend D,,who,even tho he declared himself a total skeptic in all things PN,admitted he was impressed by what went on while he was there. Lastly,I want to say hi to L.,you did fabulous with those divining rods! This will most definately be a location we will come back to,as we have only scratched the surface here!
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:24 pm

It sounds like you all had an amazing time. Thanks so much for writing up the report.

I was intrigued by this :

About half and hour in,it really kicked off. As Jeffers was asking questions,his Ghost Meter EMF unit went berserk. This meter emits a red flashing light as well as a sound. It was as if a great number of entities were all trying to talk at once,or one entity was talking so fast,we could not understand what it was saying. We had to ask it several times to slow down. Once we got this person calmed down,this is the gist of what we were told: he had been either a pirate,a smuggler,or both. He had been murdered,either by his mates,who had double-crossed him,or as that old pirate tale goes,he was killed and his body left with the treasure,so that his ghost would guard it for all time. He told us that his body,and the treasure were still buried down there under the flagstones,along with other items of interest. It was amazing the effort it took this fellow to communicate with us,he put in one hell of an effort to reach us. Every time we thought he had exhausted himself,he would rally with another spurt of energy to tell us more. But sadly,our time was up and we had to end the investigation,but we assured the poor soul trapped in that hole that we would be back to help him,if we could.

How was all this communicated to you - via evp?
Kitty

Postby sporty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Great write up spirit bear and it was lovely meeting you and everyone else too. Thank you for explaining the meters and technical equipment as a newbie I forgot what they were called. Kitty, we also communicated but by asking questions out loud, then the meters would flash and make a noise, if the lights and sound died down we realised we were asking the wrong questions, when we asked the right questions the lights and sound went berserk.

I'm sure the team I was with will fill you in on the actual findings. like an old man, stabbed something to do with the heart, been crossed by son I think it was, was trying to speak and seemed in a lot of pain. Cant wait to read more.

The photo of the cell with the kind of face behind on the wall I'm interested in was it there to look at or not?
sporty

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Kitty: we've not had time yet to go thru our EVP recordings,hopefully those crew members who had recorders will get something. We got answers by asking the entity questions,the flashing of the red light on the Ghost Meter were the responses.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Ahh I see. Sorry, I was being a bit dense there :-D It's all extremely interesting. Can't wait to find out whether you got any EVPs.
Kitty

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you very much to Sporty and Spiritbear for your comments (and you are welcome!! :-D ) and for putting your reports on this investigation done Friday night/Saturday morning and starting this thread off!

Well, the investigation at the Shire Hall happened and I have to say it was a corker!

Firstly to say what a great bunch we had, 10 of us and really great team members. Everyone had a great time and got on very well, well behaved and I think had a fabulous time.
It was also great to have 3 new investigators join our team, including Sporty who is already a member of this forum. :smile:

2ndly how active was this place! Yes, lots of great results, especially in the cells below the Courtroom, one section of which was fairly virgin territory due to a new section being discovered and that we were allowed access to a normally locked off set of cells. Loads of bizarre and interesting EMF readings from many meters at once, all seemingly in response to questions.

The interesting thing is we split into two groups who investigated each area of the Shire Hall separately. We had no idea what the results were from the other group until after the event, and yet we have since found our results to be extremely similar, albeit with a few differences but which could still easily correspond. For example: both came up with children (particularly one male, but a few more) in Courtroom 1 (the "King Henry V" room), and that the kids are also wandering around other parts of the building. We have also since found that these kids have been picked up by psychics and other people who have seen them in the area.

Very, very interesting, great venue. We will have to go back there.

Several of us (including me) may be a bit slow to put our full reports up on here, and there is a lot of footage and material to go through, but please have patience, in the next week I for one will put my report up.

Any reports you have please post away here, we have two above already from Sporty and SpiritBear (who were each in separate groups), so that's great. More reports from all the members please! Especially while fresh in the mind ;-)

Please post away with any pictures or reports/accounts of your experiences, we will find very interesting to compare! If you want to put pictures up on the thread it's often best to use Photobucket or Flickr to display them if you can start an account or have the time.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: SHIRE HALL MONMOUTH - 6-7th Dec 2013

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:04 pm

BTW Sporty, tell your BF he will now qualify for his very own hour-long solo vigil next time around!! ;) :-D

Personally, I think he did very well, both of you did! And you were both very level headed and logical about it all, great to have you there! :smile:
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Re: SHIRE HALL MONMOUTH - 6-7th Dec 2013

Postby sporty » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:BTW Sporty, tell your BF he will now qualify for his very own hour-long solo vigil next time around!! ;) :-D

Personally, I think he did very well, both of you did! And you were both very level headed and logical about it all, great to have you there! :smile:

Lol I dont think he would do that but would be funny if he did. He does actually believe. It was great being with a great team. Where are we going next? I never tell him where I am taking him, so he has to come :-D
sporty

Next

Return to Investigations we've done